The previous field was moved to a north/south orientation. The new Day Field includes a turf playing surface, brick walkways,
visitor stands and a new scoreboard. Day Field is surrounded on the north side by the Ira Andrews Residence Hall and on the south side
by the Birdsong Residence Hall.
Day Field is named for Bible Professor Frank L. Day, who in 1937 donated the land for these athletic fields. Day Field is home to Randolph-Macon’s football
and men’s and women’s lacrosse teams, and it is also used for intramural competition.
Renovations to Day Field were made possible through the generous support of alumni, parents and Yellow Jacket fans.