This content requires HTML5/CSS3, WebGL, or Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher.
Select a panoramic image to display.
Pace-Armistead was built in 1876 and, like Washington-Franklin Hall, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. "Pace" was originally the site of the college's science classes; it now houses the studio art and art history departments.
The Flippo Gallery, housed on the main floor of Pace-Armistead Hall, regularly features major art exhibitions that draw crowds from all along the East Coast. In addition to an excellent exhibition facility, Pace-Armistead also affords our art majors extensive studio space in which to create masterpieces.
Thanks to a lead gift from Mr. and Mrs. M. William Armistead, Pace Hall underwent a complete renovation in 1997. The Flippo Gallery was made possible by a gift from Mr. and Mrs. F. Carter Flippo of Ashland, Virginia.